Friday, August 5, 2011

Thankful for My Friend

Today we said goodbye to very dear friends of ours here in Richmond. They are moving to a wonderful opportunity in Missouri. We love every member of this sweet family, but I want to tell you today about D. I can't explain why, but the first time I heard this friend's name (before I even met her), I felt certain I would like her and that I would want to be her friend. And that happened. The friendship was gradual. We led a spelling club together, shared meals together and discussed books. We watched one another's kids, carpooled and laughed. Later we shared some of our deepest struggles and God's loving response to our hurts. This friend I love for many reasons. She is truly gentle, kind and encouraging to everyone she meets. These are qualities I wish to have more of in my own life. She parents wisely, she entrusts her children with God's riches and the return has been abundant. She is willing to see Jesus in the fullness of his love and compassion and she seeks to love others as He loves us. She is ridiculously smart and humble. She is strong and joyfully lets her husband lead. She is full of faith and she is real. I love you D (and your precious family too)!

No comments:

Post a Comment